Cafe Assistant - Elgin
Food & Drink /Tourism
Expiry Date: 26-06-2019
2 – 6 SOUTH STREET
Part Time Café Assistant
Required to join the café team, providing excellent customer service
• Greets customers in line with the Company standards, provides them with a menu and informs them of the special items for the day and any menu changes.
• Be familiar with the menu and be able to respond to customer queries about items to ensure customers have a positive and satisfactory experience.
• Take food and beverage orders from the customer repeating order back to customer to ensure accuracy and ensure that all special requirements/dietary needs made by the guest while ordering the food are recorded.
• Serve food in a timely manner
• Complete a satisfaction check with the customer to ensure food and drink are to their requirements and ensure that an offer is made to customer to replenish drinks as required.
• Promptly respond to customers with any additional request and discreetly observes customers to ensure their satisfaction with the overall service.
• Ensure that customers’ bills are accurately processed, and the correct payment is taken or charges made and receipts are issued.
• Clear and clean tables, remove and wash dirty dishes, and carry out cafe cleaning procedures as directed by the Café Manager
• Complete Café Daily Till Reconciliation where directed to do so by the Café Manager
• Leave cafe in a clean and presentable manner at the end of the day with all surfaces and floors cleaned ready for next day’s service
• To report and, where possible, to attend to and take all necessary action, statutory and otherwise, in the event of accident, fire, loss, theft, lost property, damage, unfit food or other irregularities and complete the necessary returns and/or reports
• Any other duties as reasonably requested by a member of management.
For more information and to apply go to: